Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Frogs Work
- Are frogs facing extinction?
- How Flavor Tripping Works
- Does absinthe really cause hallucinations?
- What's the difference between a snake and a legless lizard?
- How Evolution Works
- How Alligators Work
- How Animal Camouflage Works
More Great Links
- Australian Museum: Cane Toads
- Global Invasive Species Database: Bufo marinus
- NatureWorks: Colorado River Toad
- Banks, Leo W. " A New Craze Hops Into the Drug Culture Fads." Los Angeles Times. April 19, 1994.
- "Biological Weapons To Control Cane Toad Invasion In Australia." Australian Academy of Science. ScienceDaily. May 10, 2008. (Aug. 5, 2008)http://www.sciencedaily.com /releases/2008/05/080508131953.htm
- Bruyn, G.W; Vecht, Charles J.; and Vinken, P.J. "Handbook of Clinical Neurology." Elsevier Health Sciences. 1997. (Aug. 6, 2008) http://books.google.com/books?id=9CHg3aSWRSgC
- "Bufo marinus." Global Invasive Species Database. June 1, 2006. (Aug. 5, 2008) http://www.issg.org/database/species/ecology.asp?si=113&fr=1&sts=
- Cameron, Elizabeth. "Cane Toads, Giant Toads or Marine Toads." Australian Museum. June 2002. (Aug. 5, 2008) http://www.australianmuseum.net.au/factsheets/canetoad.htm
- "Colorado River Toad: Bufo alvarius." New Hampshire Public Television. (Aug. 5, 2008) http://www.nhptv.org/natureworks/coloradorivertoad.htm
- Cyphers, Ann; Zúñiga, Belem; and Di Castro, Anna. "Another Look at Bufo marinus and the San Lorenzo Olmec." Human genetics: Problems and approaches. December 2005.
- Hilgris, R. "Bufo marinus." Animal Diversity Web. 2001. (Aug. 5, 2008) http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Bufo_marinus.html.
- "The Matis." BBC. (Aug. 5, 2008) http://www.bbc.co.uk/tribe/tribes/matis/index.shtml
- Uzelac, Ellen. "Licking Toads Leaves More Than a Bad Taste in the Mouth." Los Angeles Times. Jan. 31, 1990.