Vultures: Cheat Sheet
- We can thank vultures for feeding on the dead bodies of sickly animals and thereby curbing the proliferation of bacteria.
- Feeding on diseased animals typically isn't a problem for vultures due to their incredibly powerful stomach acid that can break down the meat quickly, before any pathogens have a chance to infect it.
- You may want to refrain from scaring a vulture, should the temptation ever arise. Here's why: Vultures are famous for inducing vomiting when threatened, and they're not the only members of the avian family to do so.
- The Ultimate Bird Photography Quiz
- Sit, Stay, Think: Sniff Out the Answers in Our War Dog Quiz
- Avoid Being Eaten: Test Your Dragon Lore
- Fact or Fiction: Surviving an Animal Attack
- How do bomb-sniffing dogs work?
More To Explore