Lots More InformationRelated HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Butterflies Work
- Where do butterflies get their striking colors?
- How Butterfly Gardens Work
- How Caterpillars Work
- What the difference between moths and butterflies?
- Why are moths attracted to light?
- How can you train honeybees to sniff for bombs?
- Butterfly Quiz
More Great Links
- Chiang, Mona. "You Asked…" Science World. 1999.
- Dyck, Sara Van. "Tagging the Monarch Butterfly." Hopscotch.http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-17362133_ITM
- Homeschool Zone. "The Truth About Butterflies." Jan. 30, 2003. (June 27, 2008)http://www.homeschoolzone.com/science/butterflies.htm
- Lerner, K. Lee and Brenda Wilmoth Lerner, eds. "Butterflies." Gale Encyclopedia of Science. 2008. (June 27, 2008)
- Opler, Dr. Paul A. "Frequently Asked Questions." Children's Butterfly Site. (June 27, 2008)http://bsi.montana.edu/web/kidsbutterfly/faq
- Raupp, Michael. "What do butterflies do when it rains?" Scientific American. June 19, 2006. (June 27, 2008)http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=what-do-butterflies-do-wh
- Roush, Wade. "Wing scales may help beat the heat." Science. Sep. 29, 1995. Vol. 269, no. 5232.
More To Explore