Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Whales Work
- Do whales and dolphins sleep?
- How can whale vomit help me retire?
- What's the biggest animal ever to exist on Earth?
- How do fish rise and sink in the water?
- How the Georgia Aquarium Works
- How Walruses Work
- How Sharks Work
- How Narwhals Work
- Marine Mammal Quiz
More Great Links
- Discovery Channel Shark Guide
- American Cetacean Society
- The International Whaling Commission
- Marine Mammal Center
- "Baleen Whales: A SeaWorld Education Department Resource." SeaWorld. 2002. (May 12, 2008)http://www.seaworld.org/infobooks/baleen/home.html
- Brewer, Duncan. "Baleen whales." Mammals. 2003.
- Carwardine, Mark, Erich Hoyt, R. Ewan Fordyce and Peter Gill. "Whales, Dolphins & Porpoises." The Nature Company Guides. 1998.
- Clapham, Phillip J., Sharon B. Young and Robert L. Brownell Jr. "Baleen whales: conservation issues and the status of the most endangered populations." Mammal Review. 1999.
- Ellis, Richard. "The Book of Whales." Knopf. 1987.
- Evans, Peter G.H. "The Natural History of Whales & Dolphins." Facts on File Publications. 1987.
- Heyning, John E. "Masters of the Ocean Realm: Whales, Dolphins and Porpoises." University of Washington Press. 1995.
- MacMillan, Dianne M. "Humpback Whales." Lerner Publishing Group. 2004.
- "Mysticetes-Baleen Whales." Marine Mammal Center. 2008. (May 12, 2008)http://www.marinemammalcenter.org/learning/education/whales/mystic.asp
- Zimmer, Carl. "Fin Whale at Feeding Time; Dive Deep, Stop Short, Open Wide." New York Times. Dec. 11, 2007. (May 12, 2008)http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/11/science/11gulp.html?pagewanted=all