Scientific name: Pseudocrenilabrus multicolor
The Egyptian Mouthbrooder, which originates from the Nile River, will grow to 2.5 inches in length and is well suited for most community tanks. This small cichlid is very peaceful as long as its companions are too large for it to swallow.
The water temperature should be in the range of 68º to 78º Fahrenheit with a pH between 6.8 and 8.2. Moderately soft to relatively hard water is acceptable. All flake and freeze-dried foods are eaten.
To learn more about freshwater aquariums, see:
- Aquarium Basics
- How to Choose Aquarium Equipment
- How to Set Up an Aquarium
- How to Maintain an Aquarium
- How to Choose Aquarium Fish
- How to Care for Aquarium Fish
- Freshwater Aquarium Fish