Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Sharks Work
- How Shark Attacks Work
- How Tiger Sharks Work
- How do sharks see, smell and hear?
- How Scuba Works
- How the Georgia Aquarium Works
- What causes "the bends"?
- How do fish rise and sink in the water?
- How Animal Camouflage Works
- How Barrier Islands Work
- How Deep-sea Rescue Works
- Could shark cartilage help cure cancer?
- How Bull Sharks Work
- Top 10 Shark Attack Stories
- Why do people collect shark teeth?
- How Nurse Sharks Work
- Shark Quiz
More Great Links
- "Blue Shark Population Down But Not Out" Maritime Regions, August 24, 2004. http://www.mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/communications/maritimes/back04e/B-MAR-04-03E.html
- "Critics Target Shark Fishing Tournaments." flmnh.ufl.edu, August 23, 2007. http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks/InNews/critic2007.html
- Dehart, Andy. "Shark Bites: 10 Facts About Sharks." Discovery Communications. 2008. http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks/InNews/critic2007.html
- "Shark Tournaments." hsus.org, 2008. http://www.hsus.org/wildlife/issues_facing_wildlife/shark_tournaments/
- "SHARK! Your Biggest Ocean Fear Could Actually Save Your Life." associatedcontent.com, July 31, 2007. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/324414/shark_your_biggest_ocean_fear_could.html
- "The Annotated Plan To Save The Sharks." flmnh.ufl.edu, February 12, 2008. http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks/InNews/annotated2008.html
- "The decline of traditional shark fishing." Shark Info, 2008. http://www.sharkinfo.ch/SI2_01e/decline.html
- "The End of the Line: global threats to sharks." sharkwater.com, 2008. http://www.sharkwater.com/downloads/pdfs/WildAid_Shark_Report2007.pdf
- "The Shark Attack Guy." flmnh.ufl.edu, May 2, 2005.http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks/innews/guy2005.html
- Aull, Elbert. "Groups protest shark-fishing contest." mainetoday.com, 2008. http://kennebecjournal.mainetoday.com/news/local/4206798.html
- Balzar, John. "Cousteau: It's a shark's life." hsus.org, June 11, 2007. http://www.hsus.org/wildlife/wildlife_news/cousteau_sharks.html
- Eifling, Sam. "Mad for shark fins." epsn.com, April 5, 2007. http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/news/story?id=2815396
- Peterson, Iver. "New Rules Can't Limit Lure of Shark Fishing." The New York Times, July 11, 1993. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F0CE0DB1F3AF932A25754C0A965958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all
- Saletan, William. "Attack of the Shark Lobby." slate.com, September 7, 2001. http://www.slate.com/id/114958/
- Viniard, Raf. "Ocean City Shark Tournament yields nearly $140,000 in prize money." Delmarvaoutdoornews.com, 2008. http://www.delmarvaoutdoornews.com/OCSharkTourney%5B1%5D.DON.pdf