Try as we might to feed Kitty right and take her to the vet regularly, sometimes things go wrong. When you see Kitty every day, it might be hard to notice a difference. Everybody in the home should be aware of symptoms of possible problems.
Sometimes, people think Kitty is being bad, when really Kitty is feeling poorly.
Here are some signs of possible illness:
- Noticeable weight loss
- Not using the litter box
- Diarrhea that lasts more than a day
- Constipation that lasts more than a day
- Not wanting to be touched
- Swellings or lumps
- Refusal to eat for several days
- Dragging rear on the floor or ground
- Scratching at ears; dark brown deposits in ears
- Persistent vomiting
If Kitty shows symptoms, get her to the vet.