There are many reasons why we study bugs, from protecting crops to preventing the spread of disease. Learn more about why we study bugs at HowStuffWorks.
- How Bug Zappers Work
- How Bats Work
- How Spiders Work
- How Allergies Work
- Would you pay $64,950 for a bed?
- How Your Immune System Works
- Can I get AIDS from a mosquito bite?
- Can bug zappers help transmit diseases?
- Why do my home and office seem to be infested with gnats in the summer? Where are they coming from?
- When you have an itch, what is happening under your skin?
- Bedbug Quiz
More Great Links
- Pollack, Richard and Gary Alpert. "Bed Bugs." School of Public Health. Harvard University. 2005. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/bedbugs/
- Potter, Michael F. "Bed Bugs." University of Kentucky College of Agriculture. Revised August 2008. http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/ef636.asp