Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Sharks Work
- How Shark Attacks Work
- How Tiger Sharks Work
- Why do people collect shark teeth?
- How Whales Work
- Do whales and dolphins sleep?
- If water is made up of hydrogen and oxygen, why can't we breathe underwater?
- The Geography of Oceans
- How Scuba Works
- How the Georgia Aquarium Works
- How much water is there on earth?
- How do fish rise and sink in the water?
- How the Immune System Works
- How Cells Works
- How Blood Works
- How Cancer Works
- Shark Quiz
- Shark Attack Quiz
- Great White Shark Quiz
More Great Links
- Discovery Channel Shark Guide
- Mote Marine Laboratory
- Shark Research Institute
- American Cancer Society
- Susan G. Komen Foundation
- "Laboratory/Animal/Preclinical Studies." National Cancer Institute, 2008. http://www.cancernet.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cartilage/HealthProfessional/page5
- "Metro Business; 2 Cartilage Concerns Settle Federal Suit." The New York Times, July 12, 2000. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9906E3D91138F931A25754C0A9669C8B63
- "Putting the bite on cancer." elasmo-research.org, 2008. http://www.elasmo-research.org/education/topics/p_bite_on_cancer.htm
- "Shark cancer claims rubbished." BBC, April 6, 2000. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/703082.stm
- "Shark Cartilage Cancer 'Cure' Shows Danger of Pseudoscience." Science Daily, December 3, 2004. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/12/041201082202.htm
- "Shark Cartilage Quackery." elasmo-research.org, 2008. http://www.elasmo-research.org/education/topics/p_quack.htm
- "Shark Gets a Bad Rap." McGraw Hill Publishers, 2008. http://www.mhhe.com/biosci/genbio/casestudies/sharks.mhtml
- "Sharks Get Cancer." American Cancer Society, April 25, 2004. http://www.cancer.org/docroot/NWS/content/NWS_1_1x_Sharks_Get_Cancer.asp
- Handwerk, Brian. "Do Sharks Hold Secret to Human Cancer Fight?" August 20, 2003. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/08/0820_030820_sharkcancer.html
- Luer, Carl A. "Sharks and Cancer." Florida Museum of Natural History, 2008. http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks/nsrc/sharksandcancer.html