Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Sharks Work
- How Shark Attacks Work
- Top 10 Shark Attack Stories
- How do sharks smell, hear and see?
- Why do people collect shark teeth?
- How are shark pups born?
- How Great White Sharks Work
- How Tiger Sharks Work
- How Bull Sharks Work
- How Nurse Sharks Work
- 15 Tips for Surviving a Shark Attack
- Could shark cartilage help cure cancer?
- Shark Quiz
- Tiger Shark Quiz
- Great White Shark Quiz
More Great Links
- Awruch, C.A., F.L. Lo Nostro, G.M. Somoza, E. Di Giacomo. "Reproductive biology of the angular angel shark Squatina Guggenheim (Chrondrichthyes: Squatinidae) off Patagonia (Argentina, southwestern Atlantic)." Ciencias Marinas. 2008.
- Bester, Cathleen. "Pacific Angel Shark." Florida Museum of Natural History Ichthyology Department. (May 19, 2008) http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/gallery/descript/pacificangelshark/ pacificangelshark.html
- Bostock, John, F.R.S., H.T. Riley, eds. "Pliny the Elder, the Natural History." (May 19, 2008) http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/ptext?lookup=Plin.+Nat.+toc
- Cardone, Bonnie J. "Sharks you should know: The pacific angel shark." Skin Diver. May 1995.
- Compagno, Leonard J.V. "FAO species catalogue. Volume 4. Sharks of the World. An annotated and illustrated catalogue of sharks species known to date. Part 1. Hexanchinformes to Lamniformes." Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. 1984. (May 19, 2008) ftp://ftp.fao.org/docrep/fao/009/ad122e/ad122e00.pdf
- Dingerkus, Guido. "The Shark Watchers' Guide." Wanderer Books. 1985.
- Grant, Gordon. "A Tough Shark Turns Out to Be One Tasty Tidbit." Los Angeles Times. Aug. 15, 1986.
- Hansen, Chris. "Atlantic Angel Shark." Florida Museum of Natural History Ichthyology Department. (May 19, 2008) http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/Gallery/Descript/AtlanticAngel/ AtlanticAngel.html
- Kay, Jane. "Captive Pacific angel shark born." San Francisco Chronicle. Sept. 18, 2007.
- Lineaweaver, Thomas H. and Richard H. Backus. "The Natural History of Sharks." Nick Lyons Books/Schocken Books. 1984.
- Martin, R. Aidan. "Checklist of Living Sharks." ReefQuest Centre for Shark Research. (May 19, 2008) http://www.elasmo-research.org/research/checklist_res.htm
- Martin. R. Aidan. "Order Squatiniformes." ReefQuest Centre for Shark Research. (May 19, 2008) http://www.elasmo-research.org/education/shark_profiles/ squatiniformes.htm
- Martin, R. Aidan. "Pacific Angel Shark." ReefQuest Centre for Shark Research. (May 19, 2008) http://www.elasmo-research.org/education/ecology/sandy-pacific_angel.htm
- Morey, G., Serena, F., Mancusi, C., Fowler, S.L., Dipper, F. and J. Ellis. "Squatina squatina." 2007 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. 2006. (May 19, 2008) http://www.iucnredlist.org/search/details.php/39332/all
- "Pacific Angel Shark." Monterey Bay Aquarium. (May 19, 2008) http://www.mbayaq.org/efc/living_species/default.asp?hOri=1&inhab=484
- Parker, Steve and Jane. "The Encyclopedia of Sharks." Firefly Books. 2002.
- "Pliny the Elder." Encyclopædia Britannica. 2008. (May 21, 2008) http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/464822/Pliny-the-Elder
- Vogler, R., A.C. Milessi and R.A. Quinones. "Trophic ecology of Squatina guggenheim on the continental shelf off Uruguay and northern Argentina." Journal of Fish Biology. 2003.