Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Sharks Work
- How Shark Attacks Work
- How Whales Work
- Do whales and dolphins sleep?
- How Scuba Works
- How the Georgia Aquarium Works
- How Bioluminescence Works
- How do fish rise and sink in the water?
- 15 Tips for Surviving a Shark Attack
- How do sharks smell, hear and see?
- Top 10 Shark Attack Stories
- How Tiger Sharks Work
- Could shark cartilage help cure cancer?
- Why do people collect shark teeth?
- Shark Quiz
- Great White Shark Quiz
- Tiger Shark Quiz
More Great Links
- "Aquarium plays whale shark matchmaker." cnn.com, June 5, 2006. http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/06/04/aquarium.sharks/index.html
- "Diving with Whale Sharks." dive-the-world.com, 2008. http://www.dive-the-world.com/creatures-whale-sharks.htm
- "Overfishing in the Philippines threatens whale sharks and local fisheries." panda.org, March 3, 2006. http://www.panda.org/about_wwf/where_we_work/asia_pacific/where/philippines/news/index.cfm?uNewsID=62160
- "Rhincodon typus: Whale Shark." Mrinebio.org, 2008. http://marinebio.com/species.asp?id=47
- "Whale Sharks." flmnh.ufl.edu, 2008. http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/Gallery/Descript/whaleshark/whaleshark.html
- "Whale Sharks: Harmless Heavyweights." extremescience.com, 2008. http://www.extremescience.com/BiggestFish.htm
- Gomez, Jim. "Whale sharks put Philippine town on the tourist map." Mail & Guardian Online, May 31, 2006. http://www.mg.co.za/articledirect.aspx?articleid=273252
- Gross, Doug. "Whale sharks finish odyssey amid debate." msnbc.com, June 1, 2007. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18983076/
- Young, Kelly. "Star search program used to trail whale sharks." newscientist.com, October 24, 2005. http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn8200